Climate Change Strategy
We want to support the transition to a more sustainable economy and society and we therefore adopted clear principles to guide our decisions to:
- limit global warming and develop climate change adaptation strategies;
- reduce the consumption of natural resources and promote circular economy;
- protect and restore biodiversity, prevent pollution.
We put these principles into practice by monitoring and reducing the impact of the Group's operational activities, and indirect impacts related to our products, services and investments. We also collaborate with governments and associations to promote the development of system solutions.
In particular, we have identified the following areas of intervention, for which we have established specific indicators and targets to be achieved:
- integration of environmental and climate aspects into insurance underwriting and investment strategies;
- strengthening public awareness of environmental and climate risks by promoting dialogue between stakeholders;
- reducing environmental impacts generated by the Group's offices and by staff business travel;
- demonstrating transparency regarding our policies and reporting on the results achieved.
The Generali Group Strategy on Climate Change, approved by Assicurazioni Generali's Board of Directors on the 21st of February 2018 and updated in June 2022, is a key reference point for the Group: it provides an overview of the decisions taken to promote a fair and socially just transition to a net-zero emission economy.
Following this resolution, we have defined measures detailing how the strategy is to be implemented in the core business activities of the Group. These management solutions are reviewed and updated periodically to verify their relevance and ensure their effectiveness. They are described in the technical note available below, together with the Climate-related Financial Disclosure, which describes the results achieved to date.
Read the news on Generali launching the goals of the Net-Zero Insurance Alliance at the G20 climate summit in Venice
Detailed information on the Generali Group Responsibilities can be found HERE.